Miami Work Visa Lawyers

There are a variety of USA work visas available to individuals seeking to come to the United States to work. At Contreras Immigration Law Firm, we provide comprehensive legal services to those wishing to obtain work visas:

Professionals in Specialty Occupations (H-1B visa)

Allow professionals to come to the United States to work in a field that requires a specialization or a special skill. In order to be granted, the applicant must have at least the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree, and the job that they are applying for must require at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. The applicant must also have a sponsoring U.S. employer that is willing to hire the applicant temporarily, pay him/her the required wage, and file a petition with immigration.

Seasonal Non-Agricultural Workers (H-2B visa)

Permit business owners to hire foreign workers to perform seasonal, peak-load, intermittent, or one-time only work that is non-agricultural. Business owners and employers must prove that there are no U.S. workers available or willing to do the job. Similar to the professional visa, applicants need a U.S. employer to sponsor them and be willing to pay them the required wage.

Intra Company Transfers (L-1 visa)

Foreign-based executives, managers, and employees with a specialized skill can be transferred to a division, affiliate, subsidiary, or parent branch of an international company in the United States. The L-1 visa is very popular as it provides a work permit to the spouse of the transferred foreign worker and can ultimately lead to a green card in the U.S.

Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O visa)

Are issued to foreign artists, athletes, entertainers, scientists, educators, and business people of extraordinary ability who wish to temporarily come to the United States to work in their field of achievement. O-1A visas are issued to scientists, business people, educators, or athletes. O-1B visas are issued to visual, performing, and literary artists, such as musicians, writers, singers, actors, artists, directors, photographers etc.

Professional Artists, Athletes & Entertainers (P visa)

Are issued to artists, athletes, and entertainers who wish to temporarily perform or compete — either solo or on a team — in the United States at a specific event. P-2 visas are issued to athletes and entertainers who are participating in a reciprocal exchange program. P-3 visas are issued to artists and entertainers, who wish to perform, share, coach, or teach their talents in a cultural program.

Religious Workers (R visa)

R visa are issued to foreign religious workers who wish to temporarily enter the United States. A religious worker is considered a person who is continually engaged in an activity that is related to a traditional religious function, such as nuns, monks, cantors, liturgical workers, brothers, religious translators, missionaries, catechists, etc.

Mexican & Canadian Workers (TN visa)

TN visas are available to skilled workers from Canada and Mexico under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). TN visas permit Canadian and Mexican citizens to temporarily enter the U.S. to work in a NAFTA approved occupation. If you would like more information regarding any type of USA work visas or work permits, do not hesitate to contact our immigration attorneys at

Contreras Immigration Law Firm for an initial consultation at – Phone: (305) 794-9701
Obtaining a work visa is a particularly complex process. The law requires the employer and applicant to meet specific requirements and to petition several government agencies.  Given this complexity, the assistance of a knowledgeable attorney is highly recommended to ensure all requirements have been met, evidence has been presented effectively, and to avoid errors or omissions in the process that may cause delays or even denial of the petition.

*Note for you employerà IRCA and I-9 Compliance for U.S. Employers

The immigration laws make it illegal to employ foreign nationals who lack USCIS permission to work in the U.S.A. With very limited exceptions, employers are required to verify that all employees (even U.S. citizens) are authorized to work in the U.S.A. by timely completing and maintaining Forms I-9.

Penalties may be imposed against employers for knowingly hiring and continuing to employ an unauthorized worker, and/or for failing to complete and/or maintain the required documentation. To arrange a professional consultation about how a knowledgeable lawyer can be of service, contact the firm

Click here to add your own text

Request information about Work Visa

3 + 3 = ?

Call Now Button